DXA2 COVID-19 UPDATES
MAY 15, 2020 • 8:00PM
The deferral to 2021 and and BIB transfer period for individuals who were registered prior to the postponement announcement and cannot attend on Labor Day or next year has now passed. Everyone who did not utilize either option is now registered for the Monday, September 7, 2020 running. Registration for this year’s event will remain open through race weekend.
EXPO & PACKET PICKUP
There will not be an expo this year. To maintain a safe environment for everyone, the 2020 Expo for Dexter-Ann Arbor Runs has been cancelled. Pre-race packet pickup details are being worked out and we’ll publish specifics as we get closer to race week. The tentative plan is to offer several days of packet pickup somewhere in Ann Arbor during race week, as well as on race morning near the finish line.
KID’S RACE IS GOING VIRTUAL
The Ann Arbor Track Club and Jack Demmer Auto Group present the annual Dexter-Ann Arbor Kids Run, a “mini-meet.” For the safety of all kids and their families, this year’s kids event will be a virtual race only. Registered kids will be mailed their race shirt and finisher medal some time near race day.
This event is open to all kids age 12 and under, with an emphasis on FUN, not competition. The Kids Run is a great way to get your kids involved in the sport of running.
HOW DOES A VIRTUAL KIDS RACE WORK?
- Signup Kids Online as Usual
- Enable Text and/or Email Notifications During Registration
- Review Notifications as Their Sent Leading Up to Race Day
- Visit Registration Profile to Print Custom BIB to Wear on Race Day
- Setup Your Own Safe Course Around Home for Kids to Run
- Follow Prompts in Notifications to Submit Kid’s Results Online (TBD)
- Submit Kid’s Results Per Notification Instructions (TBD)
- View Kid’s Results Page to Download and Print Finisher Certificate
- Kids Shirt and Finisher Medal Mailed Via USPS Near Race Day
Keep following us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to receive the most current updates. We look forward to seeing you soon.
APRIL 2, 2020 • 8:15PM
For 46 years we’ve presented an opportunity for individuals from around the region to participate in a unique event that supports a lifestyle of fitness and well-being, while giving back to nonprofit partners in the area. With the uncertainty our nation is currently coping with, the safety of our participants and community remains our top priority.
WE’LL BE RUNNING THE RIVER THIS YEAR ON LABOR DAY!
With an end to social distancing guidelines and the ban on mass gatherings remaining unknown, we have made the decision to postpone our 47th running until Labor Day — Monday, September 7, 2020. While we have received initial approval for the new date, our staff is actively working with the City of Ann Arbor and others to finalize the necessary permits to run the race as designed.
We wanted to reach out to all registered participants with detailed information on what to expect next. Additional details will be published in the coming weeks.
KEEP UP YOUR TRAINING
The CDC recommends activity like outdoor running, walking and biking to help combat the effects of cold, flu and COVID-19. The caveat is that you practice safe social distancing, and evaluate your individual risks before acting.
We are offering options to accommodate the inconvenience that this COVID-19 situation has caused you.
YOUR DEFERMENT & BIB TRANSFER OPTIONS
For Registrants up to Announcement on April 2, 2020
- AUTOMATIC DEFERMENT TO LABOR DAY 2020: On May 1, 2020, all current registrants will have their 2020 entry automatically deferred into our September 7, 2020 running. (at no additional charge to you)
- DEFERMENT TO JUNE 6, 2021: If you cannot make the postponed 2020 date, you will be able to defer your BIB to our 48th running in 2021. You will have through April 30, 2020 to make this selection from your runsignup.com/profile. Steps: Navigate to your profile >> Upcoming Events >> Manage Registration >> Defer Registration >> make selections and save changes. You will receive an email showing the details of your deferral. Save this information. You’ll use it to claim your 2021 spot once the registration window reopens.If you do not select this option by the deadline, you’ll be automatically deferred to this year’s postponed date. (at no additional charge to you)
- BIB TRANSFERS: If you cannot attend either the postponed date of Labor Day 2020, or next year’s date of June 6, 2021, you can transfer your BIB to another person through April 30, 2020. The process is easily managed by you through your Run Signup profile. The transfer fee will remain in place. We recommend referring to this tutorial.
Our official hotel, Weber’s, will be contacting all individuals who made reservations under the DXA2 block, to assist with canceling or moving existing registrations.
Consistent with race industry standards, Dexter-Ann Arbor entry fees are not refundable (as acknowledged by all registrants during the signup process). Refunds simply aren’t an option if any races and clubs are expected to survive. The Dexter-Ann Arbor Run is the primary source of revenue for the Ann Arbor Track Club and proceeds from the race fund all other club activities, events and programs throughout the year.
THE RACE MANAGEMENT PROCESS
Once you register, we start putting your money to work to plan for your arrival and develop an experience worth the entry. Race Directors everywhere are being asked where the money has been spent. Most of it is spent several months in advance of a race and on many integral items:
- Logistical Support
- Hydration and Supplies
- Operational Assets
- Marketing, Advertising and Other Media
- …and the list goes on…
After the race, all remaining funds are donated to nonprofit organizations.
WHY THIS PROCESS?
Since 1974, we’ve existed to support you on your journey to the finish line. This year we appreciate your support, understanding and acceptance of the options we are offering.
WE APPRECIATE YOU
These are stressful times for everyone and we’re all in this together. The more we work together, the better we’ll all be on the other side.
Within the next few weeks, we’ll send a follow up email to all registrants with the detailed steps for deferring, or transferring registration.
Thank you for your understanding and patience, and keep running.